Laptop computers enable people to work in public places, like university libraries, music studios, and coffee shops. It’s an invaluable convenience to have access to personal files and software in a device that can be carried just about anywhere. Although most smartphones and tablet computers offer various functionalities, many resource-heavy programs can only run smoothly on a traditional computer system.
As the year 2020 comes to an end, it’s time to look at the competitive line of laptops under 800 available in 2021.
Before purchasing a new laptop, the following things have to be considered:
- Specifications – The laptop’s processor, RAM, graphics card/GPU, Hard Drive, and monitor resolution all directly determine the limitations of what users can do using the machine.
- Size – Large gaming laptops tend to be suited for high performance, but it can be strenuous for some to carry a huge, heavy bag every time they travel.
- Price – Unlike desktop computers, the components of a laptop, such as its processor and graphics card, cannot be upgraded and are difficult to replace. This is why buyers should be thoughtful when selecting a laptop to purchase to ensure that they are getting their money’s worth.
Selections for different users, such as office employees, students, gamers, and music producers, are included below.
The Best Laptops Under 800 Are:
For users who intend to produce music, the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is one of the best products available. It covers a music producer’s basic specification needs while offering SSD storage and a slightly higher processor speed. This product is also highly recommended for digital artists.
- Intel Core i5
- 8 GB RAM
- 256 GB SSD Hard Drive
- 3” with 2736 x 1824 Resolution
- Small and light, easy to carry around
- Relatively inexpensive but very dependable
- 10 hours of battery life on average
- Its specs are suited for basic computer needs, and it might struggle for users who need more storage, memory, and processing power.
- It only has two USB ports.
This MSI product is highly recommended for gamers who are looking for a relatively inexpensive laptop to use. MSI laptops tend to be durable and long-lasting, even when subjected to heavy-duty usage.
- Core i5-9300H 2 4 – 4 1GHz Intel 9560
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
- 6″ FHD Monitor with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- 256GB NVMe SSD
- Lighter compared to other gaming laptops.
- Slimmer and less bulky than the average gaming laptop
- RAM is upgradable if necessary
- SSD Hard Drive can be replaced with higher storage space if necessary
- The processor is middling and cannot be upgraded, so it might struggle to run newer games after a few years.
- The GPU cannot be upgraded, and higher benchmarks of games might not run smoothly.
- The screen dimensions and monitor resolutions are on the lower end concerning other, more expensive gaming laptops.
- There is no battery life indicated
Lenovo laptops are always a solid choice for users who want to get much more than their money’s worth. This product is a solid choice for university students and similar users whose computer needs to involve writing papers, light browsing, spreadsheet manipulation, and similar activities.
- 10th Gen Intel Dual Core i3-1005G1 Processor
- 8 GB RAM
- 256GB SSD (PCI-e) Hard Drive
- 15.6” Monitor
- Durable and reliable
- Relatively inexpensive for the processing power and performance it has to offer
- Will cover most of the computer needs of office employees and students
- It is not suited for resource-heavy software
- There is no average estimated battery life indicated
Acer Nitro 5 AN515
Acer is a reliable brand that makes rugged laptops, meaning they can cope with a lot. They are easy to port around in a school bag or laptop case, and with a terabyte of storage, they can certainly house a massive amount of data for both work and personal use.
- 2 GHz Intel i5-9300H Dual Core
- 8GB DDR3 SDRAM
- NVIDIA GTX 1650
- 1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD
- 6” Monitor with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- The keyboard includes a Numpad
- Relatively long battery life
- Can run benchmark games in the present without much issue
- Only entry-level specs for a gaming laptop
- The below-average battery life of 7 hours
- Will possibly struggle to run newer games after several years
Apple MacBook Pro 12-inch MNYG2LL/A
To own an Apple MacBook is a unique experience. Luckily, MacBook products are available in the laptops under an 800 range with specifications comparable to the latest, most expensive laptops Apple has to offer.
- 3 GHz Intel i5 Dual Core Processor
- 8 GB RAM DDR3 SDRAM
- 512 GB SSD Hard Drive
- 12” Monitor with 2304 x 1440 Resolution
- 512 GB of Solid-State Drive storage is more space than most of its competitors
- Higher Resolution
- Inexpensive compared to other Apple MacBook products of similar specifications
- Amazon Renewed
- Some accessories are possibly not Apple-certified but are compatible and indistinguishable
Digital artists who prefer using a convertible—look no further. The Acer Spin series is a popular choice among users who want both a tablet and a laptop. Additionally, its processor, hard drive, and RAM offer above-average performance for products within the same price range. Its biggest selling point is its touchscreen with stylus support.
- 3.7 GHz 10th Intel Core i5-1035G4 Processor
- 8GB RAM LPDDR4
- 512 GB NVMe SSD Hard Drive
- 14” Monitor with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- 512 GB Single-State Drive storage is more space than other laptops of the same price
- The monitor is slightly wider than the standard 12”, which is preferable for digital artists
- Fully functional Touchscreen with Stylus support, allowing users to draw and animate directly using the computer’s screen
- 12 hours estimated average battery life
- 1920 x 1080 is just the minimum resolution for digital animation
Lastly, but certainly not the least deserving to be on this list, one of the most acclaimed laptop computers manufactured by Asus. It’s quite telling if the only complaint users have for this product is that its display isn’t colorful enough. AMD has been slowly catching up to Intel and NVIDIA over the years, and its R5-3500U processor and Radeon Vega 8 graphics are certainly more than up to par with its Intel and NVIDIA counterparts.
- 3.6 GHz AMD R5-3500U Quad-Core Processor
- 8 GB RAM
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
- 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Hard Drive
- 15.6” FHD Monitor with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- Superior processing power compared to its competitors
- AMD components are considerably less expensive than Intel and NVIDIA counterparts, which account for the difference in price compared to similar gaming laptops
- Keyboard has a Numpad
- It is slightly more energy-efficient than similar designs (8 hours battery life on average)
- Can only visually reproduce 68% of the sRGB spectrum, compared to the 74% of its competitors
- It is slightly wider and bulkier than its competitors
When you’re looking for laptops under 800, it’s important to select a product that will give your money’s worth. Laptop components are harder to repair and replace compared to desktop computers, which is why users take their time picking out the right laptop for their purpose.
Whatever the user’s needs are, from writing school papers to gaming, animating, and producing, many products on this list with durability and longevity will get the job done at reasonable prices.
You may be interested in some of our other budget technology reviews:
- The best gaming laptops under 600
- Best laptops for teachers under 500
- Monitors for programming and gaming
What are the benefits of using a drone? The benefits of using a drone are only limited by your imagination as even the best small drones for beginners are packed with technology that can...
Baby monitors are the number one way to give you peace of mind when your baby is alone, be it in another room in your house or when you're out of the building completely, it will definitely ease you...