People first started using laptops for portability since you can’t carry desktops everywhere. But did you know you can use a laptop for watching movies?
Laptops were more comfortable to carry around when you had to bring your work projects. However, they quickly became parts of our day-to-day lives, and we now use them for more than work. For example, we’re using laptops for movies now more than ever.
Laptops are great for work and school projects but also for gaming, drawing, listening to music, watching movies, and many other entertaining and creative stuff.
The market is so packed that you can now choose between hundreds of models depending on your primary need for a laptop. For example, while most decent laptops can play a movie, you should pay attention to specific specs to play more demanding films.
Table of Contents
What’s Important In Laptops For Watching Movies?
Many people think that just about any laptop can play a film or movie, which isn’t far from the truth.
However, it all depends on the quality and size of the movie you’re playing.
These devices have different processors that can take only so much work. Unfortunately, this means that some files, programs, and movies might be too much for a particular model.
Here are the most critical factors and what you should know about them:
- Resolution – as we said, the market is packed with different models. This means you can easily find anything from low-quality to high-quality HD IPS displays and everything in between. Even HD range in quality, allowing you to choose between 720p, 1080p, etc. Whatever laptop you opt for should have an HD screen resolution for watching movies.
- People who don’t work on their laptops frequently don’t care about battery life. They usually don’t carry the device, so it’s always plugged into the charger. Still, if you’re already investing in a machine with portability being one of the main advantages, why not make the best of it? You might not need 10 hours of battery life, but it would be helpful for it to last through at least a movie.
- Storage – if you stream videos, you might not care about this part as much. However, if you’re a movie lover, you’ll want to keep them on your computer. You’ll need sufficient space for this, so look for one with a large hard disk. Otherwise, you’ll have to invest in an external hard drive, which can sometimes be a hassle to work with.
- Portability – laptops are all about portability since it separates them from traditional PCs. Still, even laptops that are, generically speaking, portable can be cumbersome and bulky, which makes them hard to carry around. For watching movies, you want the one that’s lightweight and simple to take since that allows you to watch movies anywhere you want.
Can you use a laptop for streaming videos?
Yes, you can, but you need enough RAM and a processor. Most laptops aren’t optimized for streaming video, but if you get a modern laptop built or released in the last five years or so, it will be pretty good at streaming video and watching movies.
Top laptops For Watching Movies in 2023
- 12 hours of battery life
- Fingerprint reader
- LED-backlit display
- Some screen settings need adjusting
- Great for gaming
- Works in four different ways
- Six hours of runtime
- Not the most precise touchpad
- Sleek design
- Long battery life
- Compatible with other Apple devices
- It feels a bit flimsy.
- Anti-glare display
- Thin bezel
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- The power button is too close to the delete button
If you've been searching for a laptop for a while now, you've probably come across Acer Aspire at some point. It's among the most talked-about laptops because it's easy to use and can handle demanding tasks.
You'll find it equally as powerful for playing video games, doing some light-duty programming, and streaming movies. Plus, its specs allow you to multitask without any issues at all. The fingerprint reader makes it quick to unlock.
With Intel Core i7-1165G7, 20GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, Webcam, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, HDMI, Wi-Fi 6, and Windows 11 Home, this will make it easier to handle several tasks simultaneously.
It's a 15.6" Full HD Widescreen ComfyView LED-backlit display with the well-known Acer ColorBlast technology. This allows you to watch HD movies and clips from any angle.
This is a high-performance laptop, so you can do much more with it than watch movies. Still, if that's your only use for it, you'll love the quality it delivers.
It features next-generation 6th Generation Intel Core I chipsets and Windows 10 for streaming movies and running highly demanding programs. This allows you to use it for work, gaming, and much more.
The best thing that makes it suitable for streaming films is its versatility and convenience. This one can be used in four ways: a laptop, tent, stand, and tablet. Moreover, it switches from one to another quite quickly.
Lenovo Flex 4 has 256GB of storage for movies, photos, and music of all sizes. Plus, the 1920x1080 resolution means HD presentations, pictures, movies, and much more.
Apple always gets the job done no matter the task at hand. In the case of this MacBook laptop, the 1.8GHZ dual-core Intel Core i5 processor allows speedy, efficient, and smooth performance. It also has Turbo Boost with up 2.9GHz. This is a refurbished laptop which is why the price is low. It still comes with a warranty.
It has 256GB SSD storage, up to 17x faster than most other models. Plus, MacBook Air flash storage provides 12 hours of unplugged power efficiency.
The MacBook Air features Intel HD Graphics 6000 on a 13.3 Retina display and 1440x990 pixels.
Of course, it features all the apps such as Spotlight, Siri, Photos, Finder, iMovie, Safari, iTunes, Messages, Pages, and more. You can also pair it with your other Apple devices.
The laptop has a Thunderbolt 2 port and two USB 3 ports for connectivity. It's a versatile device allowing you to do more than watch movies.
If you're a passionate movie lover, this laptop will help you enjoy the experience. It's a powerful device suitable for streaming, programming, gaming, and other day-to-day tasks.
It has an 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.GHz processor with Turbo up to 3.4GHz. It's 14.2" wide and 0.8" thin, so you can easily carry it around. The 0.3" Nano edge bezel also makes those HD movies look even better.
This laptop has a 15.6" Anti-glare Full HD display and ASUS software enhancement. It allows you to watch movies from different angles with excellent color accuracy. Plus, the ergonomic keyboard has a fingerprint sensor if you want to ensure nobody uses the device.
It comes with Windows 10 Home already installed and takes only a few seconds to start. On top of that, the device connects quickly and has a few ports for additional connectivity.
The Best Laptop For Watching Movies
We have to say it’s probably the Macbook Air.
Are gaming laptops good for streaming video?
Yes, gaming laptops are PERFECT for streaming video and watching movies because they typically have a fast processor and lots of memory. They also usually have great graphics and video cards, meaning they can easily render and stream high-quality video.
Whether you own a small business or a huge enterprise, you're probably using Excel or QuickBooks quite a lot. So we wanted to find the best laptop for QuickBooks. I get it: It's tough to find...
When you're looking for the perfect set of monitors for music production, there are many factors you need to consider for the best purchase. There is a growing space for niche sets of monitors to...