Having babies is one of the most memorable and satisfying moments in our life. However, along with the joy comes the hassle of feeding the baby. Usually, it would be a case of mom taking out her breast to feed the baby, whose first instinct is feeding. But for so many reasons, many moms are to look for the alternative options. Fortunately, there are many options go for when you look for the formula closest to breast milk.
Why Do You Need A Baby Formula Closest To Breast Milk?
Not all moms can breastfeed their bundles of joy all the time. Many things could cause you not to breastfeed your baby. For example:
- You could be under medication
- You could have sore, cracked and sensitive nipples
- You are in no position to go on a diet that is favorable for the baby
- You do not have enough milk production
- You just do not want to breastfeed
Most importantly, you need to breastfeed your baby for at least 2 months before you move on to any baby formula closest to breast milk. Doctors recommend moms to breastfeed their babies for 6 months.
What is the baby formula?
It is a kind of special food, also called formula milk, made to feed babies through the first 12 months of their life. It can be in liquid form, which does not need to be prepared, or powder form, which needs little preparation. This food can either be bottle or cup-fed.
A look at the market of baby formulas will leave you flabbergasted out of your wits. They come in all types, styles, and sizes. Some are cow milk-based, some soy-based, and some contain iron and fatty acids. Some have been made for babies with lactose intolerance. It seems there is a formula for every baby.
To make your search easier, here are ten best baby formula closest to breast milk.
Certainly, your bundle of joy would love a formula that is not only non-GMO but one that has been made with a blend of high-quality nutrients like protein, minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates and most importantly, the essential fatty acids like Omega 3 and Omega 6, making it a perfect contender for being the best infant formula available online. All these nutrients are essential for the growth of your baby.
The search for the perfect alternative food for your angel can be hard, but when you find the Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula, the search stops. This is simply the best in the market and as you can see when you look for reviews left by other moms, dads, grannies, and gramps online, you will see that it has a high reputation. All these features make it one of the best contenders for being the Formula Closest To Breast Milk.
- Easy to digest in the baby’s first year
- Nutrients like Omega 3 and 6 for brain development
- It has Lutein for eye development
- Artificial fertilizers and pesticides -free
- No corn syrup additives
- Organic-certified by USDA
- Some babies may hate the taste
If you are a working mom and you have to go back to work, or for some other reason you have to buy a formula for your baby, then it means you have to choose one that has almost the same characteristics as breast milk. This is easily solved by Enfamil PREMIUM infant formula, which has been on the market for a long time, after intensive research into what a baby’s formula should really look like. It contains DHA, a fatty acid that has been listed as very important for brain development in infants. So, it can be a perfect option when you are looking for the Formula Closest To Breast Milk. Many mothers cosider it as the best baby formula as it is highly recommended by doctors.
· Has prebiotics to feed the good bacteria in the gut
· Great for brain development
· Natural ingredients/not genetically engineered
· More than 30 ingredients to spur growth
· Improves baby’s learning ability
· Good to get baby off the boob
· Very convenient and easy to use
· Lacks cholesterol that is present in breast milk
· It is costly
When choosing a formula for your baby, three things are foremost on your mind. One, you must be assured that the bay is getting all the nutrients that they get from breast milk. Two, you want to be assured that it will enhance brain development and three, you want a formula that is easy and convenient to use.
Luckily, the Enfamil Nutramigen Infant Formula meets all those credentials and comes with many more benefits. It is a use and go kind of formula as it is sold ready to use. You will see the kind of potency it packs when your baby grows robust, energetic and beautiful.
- Manages cow milk-induced colic in as little as 48 hours
- Assist baby to start drinking milk without lactose issues
- Its proteins are totally broken down for easier digestion
- Meets all the nutritional needs of your baby
- Comes ready to use for the on-the-rush mom
- It is recommended for babies allergic to cow milk
- Supports eye and brain development
- Comes in fluid form ready for consumption
- It is expensive
- Smell and taste takes time to get used to
One of the most outstanding characteristics of the Similac Pro-Advance infant formula is that it contains a very special immune booster that is only found in breast milk. This is the HMO- Human Milk Oligosaccharide. It is only available in this formula.
Keep your baby nourished all the time. You can leave him with daddy safe at home, as you go about your errands the entire day and he will feed him just fine. This formula can be administered from birth to 12 months or more. It also widely used for feeding babies in the hospital and one pack has 48 bottles of 2 ounces each, coming ready to feed.
- It is not genetically engineered
- Has HMO to boosts the immune system
- Has vitamin E for cell development, Lutein for eyes, DHA for brain
- Made with non-fat milk
- Comes ready to use – just shake and feed
- No need to warm before feeding your baby
- Great formula for traveling
- It is costly
- Comes with just one nipple, not very hygienic
As you can see from its name, this is a formula manufactured for newborns and can be used through the first three months. It contains all the ingredients necessary for baby’s body and brain development at this early stage.
By the time baby is three months old, there will be no difference between him/her and breastfed babies. It contains inositol, which is a brain nourishment, and it has nourishments that are good for the immune system and other body developments. It is easy to use, very convenient for a mom who cannot breastfeed or doesn’t have enough milk production.
- It is not genetically engineered
- 30 nutrients that enhance growth and development
- Liquid form, ready to use, no preparation needed
- The protein used is easy to digest
- Does not cause constipation
- Keeps for a long time- check the expiry date
- Most babies love the taste
- Some babies experience gas
- Baby may take time to get used to it
Gerber Good Start Infant Formula is made for moms who do not want to go through the fuss of taking their babies through different formulas in the search for “The One.”
It works wonderfully with newborn babies and it has many of the characteristics of breast milk. When can you try this baby formula? When you do not want to breastfeed your baby, when you have to travel and when you have to be away at work for some time. Many moms fall into any one of these categories meaning that any mom can use this formula.
What is in the Gerber Good Start Soothe powder infant formula? The Probiotic L. reuteri is present. It reduces colic. Has DHA and Lutein, which help in brain and eye development respectively. It is a 30% lactose blend, which eliminates gas issues in babies.
- Easy to digest
- Very close to breast milk
- Many nutrients for growth and development
- Good for newborn babies
- Relieves colic in many babies
- No genetically engineered ingredients
- It is easy to prepare
- Not all babies will get colic relief
- Some babies hate the taste
Looking for a good formula for your baby in their first year can be hard. However, with the full organic LactoRelief toddler formula, your search stops right here. You can even continue feeding your baby this formula even after one year.
Most babies suffer from colic in their infancy period, a very disconcerting issue that can keep mom and daddy awake through the night. Usually, this is caused by gas and bloating. This lactose-free Baby’s Only Organic Formula relieves gas issues in babies. Remember, gas can come from breast milk too depending on what mom ate.
This formula is rich in Vitamin A, D, E and K. It also has the main minerals like calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. Then there is iron, zinc, and of course carbohydrates, proteins and fatty acids. It has DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) for brain development, ARA (arachinodic acid) for eye development and it is the only formula without lactose in the market.
- Relief from lactose issues like gas, bloating and cramps
- It’s organic
- No hexane used in the extraction of DHA
- No palm olein oil which causes weak bones
- Enhances brain development
- It relieves gas issues in babies
- It is non-GMO and lactose-free
- It is expensive
When you want your newborn baby to have other food apart from breast milk, you want to make sure that it is an exact replica. Today, thanks to advancement in food science and technology, you can feed your baby Gerber Good Start Gentle Non-GMO formula as soon as from birth to 12 months.
This formula is made to resemble the mom’s milk in almost every way, even in the nutritional content. The proteins used in the formula are broken down to stages where they can be easily digested by the baby’s sensitive system. This formula is very comfortable for the baby’s tummy and that means there will be peace at home as the baby will not suffer from gas and bloating.
- Gentle on the baby’s tummy
- No genetically modified ingredients
- Not gassy
- Special sachet for the scooper after using it
- Prebiotics and probiotics to help in digestion
- Has DHA for brain development
- Good support from Gerber
- It can be hard to dissolve in water
- Some babies start spitting out a lot
Give your baby a milk bases formula for the first 12 months of their life on earth and the happy, satisfied gurgles will tell you that this is just what they needed.
Because of the busy professional schedules for many parents, when your breasts feel so sensitive and sore, when you do not want to restrict your diet to certain foods, you can just introduce your baby to Enfamil Enspire Infant Formula powder. It has lactoferrin, which is found in mom’s first milk – colostrum.
This formula contains lactoferrin, which boosts the immune system and MFGM, which enhances mental growth. With a strong blend of prebiotics to feed the good bacteria in the baby’s gut, issues like gas and bloating will be forgotten.
- Contains lactoferrin
- Great for digestive health of the baby
- Has MFGM for cognitive development
- Easy to make, comes with all instructions
- Baby does not spit
- The tub is reusable
- Can store extra formula in the fridge
- Brain nourishment
- This formula is expensive
- Might not be great for all babies
This product has been made by people who respect the fact that breast milk is the best first food for the baby. However, as a parent, you know that it is not always plausible to breastfeed the baby.
You could be willing but then you could run out of milk, or due to medication you could be restricted from breastfeeding. When you find that you need a formula for your baby, it is better to choose one that is made after the breast milk in every respect.
Nature’s First Baby’s Only Organic Dairy Formula meets all these criteria. Unlike other formula manufacturers who use DHA from seaweed, Baby’s Only uses DHA from egg yolk.
- Has DHA and ARA for brain and eye development
- It is organic
- DHA used in this formula is from egg yolk
- Made with dried, zero-fat cow milk
- Contains many nutrients
- Packed in smaller cans good for supplementing breast milk
- No preparation needed
- The manufacturer does not recommend it for newborns
- Causes constipation in some babies