If you live in a small house, town apartment, or a studio apartment alone or a small family, you will need smaller appliances. We all need a washing machine these days; it is essential. And if you live in a small space, choosing a mini and portable washing machine will benefit you a lot. That is, if you prefer that.
Thankfully, there are all sorts of choices available, including for those of us who live in smaller spaces.
It will save you money and space, and the best thing of all is that it will save you time since you do not have to go to the local laundry to clean your clothes. And so you head out to the market happy that now, your problems will be solved.
However, when you start looking for the best portable and mini washing machines online, you will be surprised at the choices.
It can be frustrating to see some bad options when you first start looking for a new washing machine. After all, there are so many washing machines, and all of them claim to be the best.
What to do? You are lost. So many differences, such a variety of prices, it is quite a challenge to choose the best.
One of the questions that most people ask is, why are some portable washing machines so cheap, yet others so expensive? Can the cheap ones be trusted, and does the high price for some of them guarantee the quality?
The Best Portable Washing Machines In 2021
The truth is, it can be hard to buy the best mini and portable washing machine for your needs. That is why we have reviewed the best portable machines after conducting thorough research on all the portable washing machines available.
Here are our top ten washing machines that are small, portable, and built to last:
Haier is a well-known brand name in the market for home appliances. However, with the HLP21N pulsator, they outdid themselves to bring us this excellent, small, compact, and very effective mini washing machine.
You will love it if you live in small spaces such as an apartment. It stands at the height of 32.5 inches from the ground, measures 17.3 inches deep, and 17.6 inches in width. This model is quite small for a washing machine, but the main benefit is that you can squeeze it into a tiny space in the home.
It is not only light (43 pounds) to carry along, but it also has rolling casters at the bottom, which make movement easier. You can just roll it from room to room without any effort. After cleaning your clothes, it will spin them at a speed of 700 revolutions per minute. Not very high, but it does the job just fine.
Its amazing list of features makes it one of the best portable washing machines under 300 dollars in the market right now.
Pros Of The Haier HLP21N Pulsator
- Has a signal for the end of a cycle
- Electronic controls with LED indicators make it very easy to use
- 28 liters of total capacity
- It is very quiet (create only 8 Sones noise). So, it is not as loud during the spin cycle like most other options
- You can use any detergent in it
- Very firm, does not wobble about as you use it
- Three different water levels and three wash cycles give you multiple washing options
- Can fit in small spaces in the kitchen or bathroom
Cons Of The Haier HLP21N Pulsator
- Small load at a time (can hold only 6 pounds of clothes each time)
- No warranty information available
This Giantex is a powerful machine having 300 Watts. This machine is called the Giantex for a good reason. It has an incredible punch, and it can wash out all types of garments, including heavy woolen ones. The spin function is equally good as it can do a comfortable 1300 RPM.
Designed with a twin tub, you can wash and dry clothes at the same time. Allowing you to save time, something that most other portable machines cannot give you. Does this mean that it is bulky in size? The Giantex is small and compact, but not as small as the Haier HLP21N.
Measuring 24.8 by 14 by 28.3 inches in length, width, and height. It is powered by 300 Watts for washing and 110 Watts when spinning, and it can do a maximum water temperature of 130F / 54C.
The washing capacity of this machine is 12 lbs, and the spinning capacity is half the washing load. That means you will most probably spin twice after every wash. Its small size makes it ideal for small apartments, dorms, RV’s, motorhomes, condos, and more. Thus, it is one of the best mini and portable washing machines available right now.
Pros Of The Giantex Twin Tub
- It is a twin tub – you can wash and spin at the same time
- The washer has a see-through lid so you can see your clothes as they clean and dry
- It has two inlets – one each for the washer and spinner
- You can use it at home and take it in your camper too
- One can control the washer by timing it for 15 minutes
- You can control the spinner by timing it for 5 minutes
- Long inlet pipe measuring 46 inches
Cons Of The Giantex Twin Tub
- The drain hose is short
- Hooking everything up can be confusing
- Short electric cord
This top-loading Haier washing machine is small, compact, and very durable. It measures 20 inches by 20 inches by 32.5 inches. Being made of stainless steel, and that alone tells you that it will last a long time. The Haier is a top-loading machine, making it easy to access and ergonomic friendly.
While many other machines use an agitator design for washing, this one is different because it uses a pulsator. It is the best choice for small apartments and in mobile homes. It has a capacity of 1 cubic foot.
Use the washing machine on any outlet of 120 Volts, connect it to your sink, and you are ready to start washing. With digital controls for a heavy, quick wash and normal, choose a setting that best describes the clothes that you are washing. It also has a pause feature.
Pros Of The Haier HLP21N Top Load
- Easy to set up
- The pulsator system cleans the clothes gently while getting rid of all the dirt
- Easy to set digital controls
- Has a QuickConnect system (adapter) that works with all sinks
- Very high speed of the washing
- The end of cycle alert lets you know when a wash cycle is complete
- Has options for a spin only or rinse/spin
Cons Of The Haier HLP21N Top Load
- It is comparatively larger than most other options in this article
- Poor customer care from manufacturer noted by customers
This machine is built for neatness, usability, and a person who lives in limited space, making it one of the best quality portable washing machines available. It is smaller than many other units, thus the name mini. It has wonderful features like a built-in drain pump, which helps drain out all the dirty water.
Other features that you will enjoy in the Della Mini washing machine is that it can do light and heavy washing. Better yet, you just have to select a function, say like a wash, or even dry spin, and when the machine is done, it will stop automatically, thus ensuring there is no wastage of power.
This washing machine is a space saver, easy to use, and when you have delicate clothing like underwear, napkins, printed items, and socks, it does a perfect job of the same.
It has a clear lid so you can see what is happening in the washer. Also, did you know that it has a dual purpose that allows you to wash and spin at the same time? You will save time with this washing machine.
Pros Of The Della
- Easy to set up when using as no plumbing tools are required
- Dual function of wash and spin at the same time
- Drain pump that clears all the dirty water out
- A clear lid enables you to see when to change the water
- Automatic timer with 15 minutes for washer and 5 minutes for the spin
- Cleans heavy and light clothes perfectly
Cons Of The Della
- The agitator can snag long sleeves
- You will need to buy a floating lint trap separately
- A small fill hose requires you to get a faucet adapter
This compact washing machine is designed to fit into small spaces. It is a perfect choice for you if you live in a small apartment and are ready to stop visiting your local laundromat.
With features and accessories like faucet adapter, which enables you to attach to the sink, many wash automatic wash settings and medium to lightweight, there is every reason why you should have the Haier HLP24E.
It measures about 36 inches high, 20 inches wide, and 20 inches in depth, not as small as others, but still small enough for your small apartment. The washing drum or tub has a wash volume of 1.5 cubic feet, and the spinning speed is a moderately impressive 800 RPM.
It is a pulsator design. This works by spinning a small disc at the bottom of the washer in all directions so that it effectively forces water and soap into the clothes. Another feature is the noise-reducing plate that brings down the level of the plate when the machine is in use.
Pros Of The Haier HLP24E
- Lint traps which ensure no debris remain on your clothes
- The use of a pulsator instead of an agitator leaves more room for laundry
- LED panel
- The hinged lid is transparent so you can see your clothes wash clean
- Comes with fill hose and 6 feet power cord
- Has carry handles
Cons Of The Haier HLP24E
- It has no casters for wheeling the machine around
- Bigger than most other smaller compact washing machines
This is a double tub washing and a spinning machine that has received many accolades from customers. When you look at the features of this machine, you will see just why people love it so much. For example, it is very light, weighing just 28 pounds and is only 26 inches high. This makes it easy to fit in any small space at home snuggly.
It is an agitator type machine, and this design has its disadvantages. For example, it can snag long sleeves, but it does clean thoroughly. The wash load is a nice 7.9 pounds, and the dryer capacity is 4.4 pounds.
However, note that this machine only dries clothes in the spinning tub because it does not have an element for heating. That means it also saves a lot of energy.
This is our top pick as the best small washing machine.
Pros Of The Panda Compact
- Long inlet and drain hoses at 43 and 54 inches respectively
- Sold with warranty coverage for one year
- Has a lint filter
- Powerful spinner – you are advised to press the clothes lest they fly out
- It is small and compact
- It’s double tub – washer and spinner
- Very effective for its small size
Cons Of The Panda Compact
- Hoses may crack with time
- Lint trap is not always 100% effective
There are many good things to write about the small Panda counter-top washing machine. Firstly, it is effortless to use as you just need to plug it in, add your laundry followed by soap and water, and you are ready to start your washing.
The Panda is a small single tub washing machine, meaning it does both the washing and the spinning, but that also means it lacks the spin-dry feature. After that, you can remove it. Note that the spin basket is ideal for light clothing such as underwear, socks, and t-shirts.
Pros Of The Panda Counter-Top
- Small nature makes it perfect for traveling
- Covered by a warranty of six months
- Perfect small size to sit on the counter
- Weighs only 13 lbs easy to lift on to and off the counter
- It is a transparent washing machine – you see inside
- A washing capacity of 5.5 lbs is good for such a small machine
Cons Of The Panda Counter-Top
- It is not energy star compliant
- It has a single tub
Measuring just 23 inches long 14 inches wide and 29 inches high, this Panda mini washer is a good investment for a person who lives in a house that has little space to spare and, at the same time, does not want to go to the laundromat for cleaning.
It comes with many useful features like a power cable that is 67 inches long, an inlet hose measuring 47 inches, and a drain hose measuring 20 inches. It weighs 28 pounds, almost double the weight of the Panda 5.5 pounds Counter-top machine, but it is still light enough to transport around.
The washing and spinning capacities are 12 pounds and 8 pounds, respectively, quite impressive. Made of plastic and steel, and the best thing yet is that there is no assemblage needed. Just buy and start using it. It has to be one of the cheap and portable washing machines you can buy for long-term use.
Pros Of The Portable Twin Tub
- Great for a home without washer hookups
- Great drying capacity
- It is a twin tub – can wash and spin
- A powerful motor at 1300 RPM
- Good for camping vacations
- Comes with inlet and drain hoses
- Easy to use with no assembly needed
Cons Of The Portable Twin Tub
- Low frequency just 60Hz
- Has two lids- inner and outer which is not necessary
Panda is a renowned brand name, and you can buy their washing machines without any fear. This Panda mini washer is special because of its features, but like its sisters, it is sold brand new. The spinner is a powerful 1300 RPM that spins all the water out of your clothes.
It also comes with an attached drain hose that is 54 inches long and an inlet hose that is 43 inches. It weighs 33 pounds, and it is sold with a one year warranty from the manufacturer.
Pros Of The Panda Mini
- It is easy to set up and use
- Sold brand new
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- Comes preinstalled
- Easy to move around as it weighs 33 pounds only
- It cleans both heavy and light clothes thoroughly
- Can clean linen as large as bed sheets
Cons Of The Panda Mini
- It overheats if you use hot water too much
- It is noisy
This is a non-electric washing machine. It is powered by a hand crank, but it does a thorough cleaning job, and anyway, it gives you an opportunity for exercise! You can use it to clean items like silks, woolen items, and other delicates. That you will not use electricity tells you it will save you money and besides, you can use it in many applications from home, campers, and even boats. The washer loads 5 pounds.
Pros Of The Non-Electric Mini Washing Machine
- Covered by a three-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Sold in a brand new state
- Will clean your clothes in 2 minutes
- It cleans clothes thoroughly
- Gentle on clothes and can be used on delicate items
Cons Of The Non-Electric Mini Washing Machine
- May be too difficult for seniors to operate
- Can be hard getting the drainpipe on
There are lots of great choices; however, our recommendation is the Haier HLP24E, as it is both compact and powerful.
Alongside a crib and mattress, a baby car seat is one of the most crucial purchases you’ll make as a soon-to-be parent. So how do you go about selecting the best baby car seat? Well, contrary to...
Did your holidays get ruined because of not having the right camping essentials? Or are you tired of going through many details and still find it difficult to choose the proper items? You may feel...