There are tons of portable monitors out in the market, but how do you find the best portable monitor when they differ in specifications, quality, performance, and durability. Therefore when buying a portable monitor, it’s essential to know the brands that offer high-quality products.
Whether you need a portable monitor for personal or official tasks, you’ll surely like to see the best products the market has to offer. Some USB-powered monitors are relatively expensive, but customers hardly complain as long as the products are living up to their expectations.
In any case, getting a portable monitor that offers excellent value for expenses is quite hectic because you may have to review many products and get to know what buyers are saying about them.
Why You Need a Portable Monitor?
At times, conditions necessitate that we handle our official tasks while on the go –probably when we’re away and can’t afford to haul our sizeable laptops and PCs around. On any grounds, using computers/laptops with USB-powered portable monitors offer a high level of convenience.
Of course, our laptops and computers will do all the things they’re meant for, but to make our official routines more comfortable, while at home or away, having portable monitors is usually the way out.
To handle research tasks and other professional assignments effectively and more comfortably, working simultaneously on two screens is always a great idea. In that case, there is a need to connect a laptop with a portable monitor.
Besides giving you enough space to do your work, this will save you the glitch of having to focus on a single screen for the information you need.
If you’re a regular buyer of portable monitors, the chances are that you’ll be conversant with famous brands, including HP, Asus, and AOC.
Customers have praised these brands for doling out high-quality products, and this explains why some of their portable monitors are included in our list of Best Portable Monitors in 2019.
Finally, here are some of the best portable monitors you can find online these days.
The Best Portable Monitors In 2020
Here is a portable monitor that offers one of the best viewing experiences in the market. It’s a Full HD USB-powered monitor weighing 1.6lbs. Considered the slimmest USB monitor available, it features a blue light filter that minimizes eyestrain.
For its video signal and power to produce a Full HD resolution, this monitor requires only one USB cable.
Moreover, it is a stylish and metallic product that packs an adjustable two-way stand and protective sleeve known as the ASUS Smart Case. Admired for its sleek finish, this portable monitor is best recommended for a device running with a minimum of 2GB RAM and 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.
Pros Of The ASUS 15.6″
- Uses a single USB cable for power and video signal
- Comes with ASUS Smart Case that offers extra protection
- Has an ultra-slim body for easy carry-on purposes
- Can be used as a primary, extended monitor
- Has a blue light filter that minimizes eyestrain
- Has a beautiful resolution of 1920x1080p
Cons Of The ASUS 15.6″
- Some people might find it awkward to use a carrying case
- Drains laptop’s battery faster than expected
This portable HP monitor boasts an aspect ratio of 16:9 as well as a Full HD resolution. It’s a lovely product with wide-viewing angles, pegged at 178 degrees, and producing brilliant images. This monitor boasts high energy efficiency, courtesy of its low halogen design.
Interestingly, HP Pavilion VGA produces excellent pictures that are devoid of motion blur.
Also, it packs an arsenic-free glass, and its response time is rated at 7ms. For a more intriguing viewing experience, this HP Pavilion crams a brightness level of 250 units plus a magnificent contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1.
Some of the other incredible features that will wow users are the anti-glare option and the 60Hz IPS Interface. Overall, this can be a very high quality yet cheap portable monitor.
Pros Of The HP Pavilion
- Has a high contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1
- Produces gorgeous pictures free from motion blur
- Comes with an arsenic-free monitor glass
- Allows for easy switching between HDMI and VGA inputs
- Comes with an anti-glare feature that aids clarity of pictures
- Maintains a swift response time
Cons Of The HP Pavilion
- Doesn’t support automatic brightness; users have to set up the brightness manually
This monitor comes with an exceptionally slim design, which makes it conveyable for frequent travels and business presentations. It is packed with a USB 3.0 technology that makes it possible to use the monitor without a power cable.
The monitor sports a resolution of 1366 x 768 and an attractive aspect ratio of 16:9. Its response time is pegged at 8ms while its contrast ratio stands at 500:1
No need to fret as this device can be used with Windows 10, and it comes with a foldable flexible-stand for landscape view in auto-pivot mode. Overall, this monitor can be a good option when you are looking for an affordable portable monitor.
Pros Of The AOC
- Produces high-quality image
- Comes with a USB 3.0 connection that enables high transfer rates
- Can be easily mounted to any wall
- Comes with a lightweight, protective case
- Supports the connection of multiple USB monitors without the need for extra hardware
Cons Of The AOC
- Mac drivers are omitted but can be gotten from the DisplayLink site
- Faces some problems when performing on Mac
It is a compact, and lightweight monitor with a wide-viewing angle panel earmarked at IPS 178 degrees. The monitor is designed with an aluminum cover, and its weight crams only 1.32 lbs.
A fantastic monitor with 16.7M True Colour, it is compatible with several devices via VGA, HDMI, and Mini Display. Some of the tools the monitor can be used with are Tricaster Mini, MacBook’s Laptops, cameras, smartphones, and Mac Mini.
It comes loaded with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080p, and it boots up without any hassles. Thus, it is an excellent quality portable gaming monitor.
Pros Of The GeChic 1303H
- Compatible with several peripheral devices
- The display can be plugged into both Windows and Mac PCs
- Comes with enhanced viewing angles
- Supports plug and play
- Compatible with game consoles like Xbox One and PS4
- Can function as a digital signage display
- Features intuitive and straightforward color adjustment buttons
Cons Of The GeChic 1303H
- There’s no mouse connect to iPhone
- Buyers have to pay separately for the Mini DisplayPort cable
This monitor is incredible as it can be used with Windows 7, Windows 10, OS X EI Capitan, Windows 8, macOS Sierra, and macOS High Sierra.
It comes with a massive contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1, resolution of 1600 x 900, and the aspect ratio of 16:9 for an exciting viewing experience.
The double speakers available on this monitor are mind-blowing. Moreover, the vertical digital signal frequency ranges from 60 kHz to 75 kHz.
In comparison, the horizontal digital signal frequency ranges from 30 kHz to 80 kHz, making it usable over a wide range of frequencies.
Also, the monitor comes with several ports, including VGA, DVI, and HDMI. This can be an excellent yet cheap portable gaming monitor.
Pros Of The Sceptre
- Performs excellently well
- Features a perfect widescreen for watching movies or viewing two documents alongside each other
- Comes with both VGA and HDMI inputs
- Offers a swift response time of 5ms
- Has a 0.311mm pixel pitch that produces accurate text and graphics
Cons Of The Sceptre
- Low-quality built-in speakers
- The neck is likely irremovable
This is a great product that deserves a place among the best portable monitors. For a decent viewing experience, it sports a resolution of 1366×768 and an aspect ratio of 16:9.
The monitor uses an HDMI video signal, and it allows for a convenient combination of a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
Designed with a black cover, it measures up to 2.27 lbs in weight, and it boasts a lag-free real video input.
The USB-powered monitor packs an audio jack as well as in-built speakers. Moreover, it supports Plug & Play, ensuring that users do not have to install any drivers.
These unique features make it an acceptable option when you want a portable gaming monitor.
Pros Of The GeChic 2501C
- Has a black cover that doubles as a stand
- Comes with an audio jack and built-in speakers
- Produces extremely sharp pictures under any background
- It can be connected to multiple devices, including PS4, laptops, Xbox, MacBooks, cameras, smartphones, Mac Mini, etc.
- Offers swift connections
- Ultra-lightweight for fitting comfortably into a computer bag
Cons Of The GeChic 2501C
- No VESA mount support
- Doesn’t provide Full HD resolution
This monitor is USB powered with HDMI, and it boasts awesome portability. It supports the plug-and-play feature that ensures no driver installation is needed. Coming with a pixel pitch of 0.252mm (H) * 0.252MM (V), the resolution of this awesome monitor is pegged at 1366 x 768.
With its Full HD wide viewing panel, this monitor should offer excellent viewing to its users.
It also has several connectivity options, including VGA, rear Dock port, micro-HDMI, and USB-C (DC-in). Other key features of this portable monitor are operating temperature earmarked at 0~50 and a USB-C reversible connector.
If gaming is what you want to use your portable monitor, this can be a cool option.
Pros Of The GeChic 1503A
- Comes with Full HD wide viewing panel
- Uses plug and play which removes the need for driver installations
- Features built-in speakers
- Compatible with various content sources, including Chromebox
- Works with gaming consoles, computer sticks, and different other HDI-compatible devices
- Very easy to handle courtesy of its accurate mechanical design
Cons Of The GEChic 1503A
- Doesn’t deliver a high-performance display
- Doesn’t support the 1080p resolution
Here’s another great product from the stable of GeChic. Pleasingly, its ultra-lightweight, it is so easy to carry the monitor from place to place. It supports plug and play that requires no driver installations.
Standing at the height of 15.6 inches, this USB powered monitor comes with inbuilt speakers and a user-oriented anti-glare feature. In terms of connectivity, the monitor supports both VGA and HDMI connections.
Other key features include a current rating of 2A, a reversible USB-C connector, and Full IPS wide-viewing panel display pegged at 1080P.
You might be interested in these best cheap gaming monitors.
Pros Of The GeChic 1503H
- Supports Full HD IPS viewing with the resolution of 1080p
- Sports a stylish and compact design
- Can be connected with several devices including computer stick, Nintendo Switch, laptops, HDMI wireless display adapter, and game consoles like Xbox One and PS4
- Has dual built-in speakers
- Comes with a rear port connector for hiding cables in the back of the monitor
- Very comfortable to convey in a backpack
Cons Of The GEChic 1503H
- Low-quality speakers
- The buttons can be unresponsive at times
This portable monitor comes with a 170-degree display angle, which produces an inflammatory color experience. Coming with a contrast ratio of 800:1 and a resolution of 1920×1080, it crams a Full HD IPS panel with a brightness of 300cd/M2.
Excitingly, its operating system offers support for Windows 7, 8, 10, etc.
Design-wise, this monitor has a stylish and gorgeous finish packed with an aluminum case. Also, its slim and lightweight design will make way for convenient handling and moving from place to place.
Rated with a low level of power consumption, this monitor uses double speakers and is built with buttons for on-screen display set.
Pros Of The 13.3-Inch Portable
- Guarantees low power consumption
- Very much convenient to carry from place to place
- Provides Full HD picture quality
- Has buttons for on-screen display
Comes with built-in audio and offers excellent sound quality
Cons Of The 13.3-Inch Portable
- Rear-mounted control buttons become quickly (activated) when the monitor is laid down
- Isolated cases of heavy power consumption
- Low picture quality
Here’s a ViewSonic monitor that packs immense elegance with improved viewing comfort courtesy of its blue light filter and its flicker-free technology.
Admired for its flexible connectivity, this monitor is compatible with Macs, PCs, laptops, and POS systems built with VGA, DVI-D, and DisplayPort inputs.
Provided as a dual-pack 24-inch monitor, these monitors are not equipped with any monitor stand for convenient dual-screen installation. Also, the monitor comes with a box fitted with several items, including 2x DisplayPort cable, 2x power cable, x2 LCD monitors, and 2x VGA cable.
This monitor carries a 3-year warranty duration, which is admittedly the best warranty coverage you can find in the industry.
Pros Of The ViewSonic
- Offers improved viewing comfort through its blue light filter and a flicker-free technology
- Connectable with various devices including Macs, PCs, laptops, and several POS systems
- Features multiple input options including DVI-D, VGA, and DisplayPort inputs
- Supports VESA mount for comfortable installation
- Three-year warranty coverage
Cons Of The ViewSonic
- Needs a computer signal to use the OS menu
- A few users have complained that one of the two monitors seems to be loosely connected somewhere within it.
What are the benefits of using a drone? The benefits of using a drone are only limited by your imagination as even the best small drones for beginners are packed with technology that can...
Baby monitors are the number one way to give you peace of mind when your baby is alone, be it in another room in your house or when you're out of the building completely, it will definitely ease you...