Every season of every year is great for camping enthusiasts. There is no better way to enjoy your rendezvous with nature on the beach, alpine lake, or elsewhere than with a pop-up tent. Setting up is hassle-free, just let it pop out and bang! You have your shelter. It is so easy that we feel they should be called “pop up tents for dummies”. You can have fun with your kids at the campsite, great family bonding time as you play games, eat and sleep together. However, to achieve all that you, need the best pop up tents.
Why Do You Need A Pop Up Tent?
We could write 101 reasons why you need pop-up tents, but there is no need. You see, these tents are self-pitching, easy to pack up, and if you take good care of them, they are going to last a jolly long time.
Most, but not all of the pop-up tents are made with a light fiberglass frame. They are light to bring along when you are going car camping.
Pop-up means they just pop up and out, secure the tent with the stakes and you are ready to use them. No time will be wasted setting up your tent.
Why not have the children pop the tent up as you prepare a bonfire for the night or settle into reading a book?
Things to Look for When Selecting A Pop-up Tent
Start with the brand name. We consider this very important because brands that have been in the market for a long time and have a reputation to protect are more liable to produce great products than the new names in the market.
Pop up tents incorporate a unique technology, which may be hard to prove in newbie names in the industry.
Consider choosing a tent that is enough size for the number of people you would like to sleep in it. However, don’t just go with the manufacturer size ratings because they hardly tell the truth. If it is a five people tent, just assume that it is only roomy enough for three people, and so on. Map out the size at home and see if you could all fit in.
If you want to be sure about the quality of the pop-up tent you are considering, make sure you read as many Amazon reviews as you can. Look out for bad reviews if you already have chosen a tent. The more the number of reviews, the more trustworthy the product if the overall rating is above 4 out of 5.
10 Best Pop Up Tents For Sale In 2020 Reviewed
Sometimes it’s hard for general customers to research and find the best products available in the market. So, I have done the necessary research and ranked here 10 best pop up tents in the market right now. It should at least be easier for you to choose the tent of your requirements after reading my reviews. Have a read!
That is quite a befitting name for a tent that you can use for beach camping, wilderness as well as alpine camping. It is a “breeze” to set up and take down as well. You can use this tent if you do not like to waste time pitching a tent.
Measuring 87 inches by 47 inches by 49 inches, this tent has windows for ventilation, a light frame made with fiberglass as well as a waterproof PE floor. Considered one of the best pop up tents with a very reasonable price and strong built. It is most suitable for use on a beach.
- Sold with a warranty of 1 year.
- UPF 50+ sun protection.
- Available in blue color.
- Interior pockets for personal items.
- Wide door.
- Light – weighs less than 5 pounds.
- Includes stakes, sand pockets, and a carrying case.
- Only good for fair weather camping
- Large windows may allow in too much cold at night
Coleman is one of the best names in the outdoor industry. It is thus easy to trust their pop up tents. However, are these as good as we would be made to believe? This Coleman pop up tent packs a good number of useful features. Measuring 110 inches by 78 inches and has a height of 40 inches. It is made for four people.
- Has interior pockets for storing your personal gear
- Will pack flat for easy transport and storage
- Time to set up is 10 seconds, give or take a little
- Waterproof floor to keep the occupants dry
- Has an extensive rainfly to keep weather elements out
- Can be a bit tricky to pack
- Opening the door may cause the rainfly to come sliding down
3. Coleman 8 Person Instant Tent – one of the best pop up tents
This is a big pop up tent, enough to fit 8 people. It measures 14 feet by 10 feet. Sold with preinstalled poles, it should take you no more than two minutes to set up. In addition, the tent is divided into two rooms to give you some privacy. People who have used it say that this tent is totally waterproof and it comes with a waterproof floor. It makes our pick of one of the best pop up tents in 2020.
- Can be partitioned into two rooms
- Stays dry in the rain
- Has enough windows for ventilation and light
- Has a height of more than 6 feet at the center
- Sold with a warranty of one year
- May not be able to withstand high-velocity winds
- It is heavy – cannot be used for backpacking
As the name suggests, this is a canopy tent, meaning that it has no floor and no walls. So it’s recommended to use it for beach camping or for providing shade in your backyard. Made with a powder-coated steel frame for anti-corrosion and the angled design ensures you get a huge square area of shade. It will offer protection from the sun and medium rainfall.
- Sold with a wheeled bag for easy movement
- Easy to set up
- High- offers enough headroom
- The canopy protects you from UV rays
- Only good for use in fair weather
- No guarantee of keeping you dry in serious windy rain
This tent has a double-door on the front and another double door at the back. It features mesh windows on the sides, and they are covered by solid nylon flaps. This not only ensures privacy but also provides ventilation. The tent is big enough to accommodate four people.
- Easy automatic setup
- Come with a portable carry bag to make transporting
- Hang loop and storage pockets help in keeping the inside of the tent organized and clean
- The zippers and screens are of high quality
- Sturdy and provides many years of outdoor comfort
- The tent cannot withstand heavy rain
- Packing it can be a bit challenging
This is a perfect tent to offer the best individual camping experience. The camping cot has room for only one person, and it includes a pillow to ensure the occupant sleeps soundly at night. This tent is made of tough, high-quality materials to last a long time. It is not only strong, but it can also be detached to form separate cot and tent.
- Includes sleeping bag and air mattress
- Easy to take down
- Include storage bag for holding the tent
- Can be used indoors too
- Fits only one person
- A bit expensive
This is an all-weather tent that is perfect for backyard sleepovers, hardcore hiking, weekend camping, and lightweight backpacking. The tent has room for three adults or two children and two full-grown adults. The tent is square measuring 6 ft. 6 inches by 6 ft. 6 inches. It has front and back doors that allow the users to enjoy the cool breeze, and to have nice views of the surrounding.
- It comes with a carry bag
- The tent is waterproof
- Taking it down is a bit difficult
- Not waterproof
This tent can comfortably accommodate 3-4 adults. It measures 94.5 inches x 70.9 inches x 39.4 inches and weighs 5 pounds. Featuring 2 doors and 2 windows for ventilation and access. The Xomake also has a skylight area on the top for lighting. Such features provide adequate ventilation and nice views all around.
- It has adequate ventilation
- Very easy to close and open
- Easy to clean
- It is meant to be used at the beach only
- Not waterproof
This is a waterproof pop up tent, big enough to fit 2 fully-grown adults. It measures 31 inches x 31 inches with a shipping weight of 5 pounds. No poles are required to set it up. The tent features 1 large door and 2 windows that provide proper ventilation. It is sold with a compact carrying bag. Perfect for festivals, camping, and overnight trips.
- Very easy to set up
- Pockets on the tent’s sides for keeping small items such as flashlight
- It is only good for summer trips because it is not waterproof
- Not easy to fold back
This tent is large enough to accommodate a family of about four people comfortably. It measures 90 inches x 72 inches x 42inches (L x W x H). It has one large zipped door and 2 windows that provide ventilation. Made with water-resistant polyester fabric, the tent is good for stream weather conditions such as heavy rains because it is waterproof. The lightweight fiberglass frame makes the tent light and portable.
- The tent sets up in a flash
- Perfect for any weather condition
- Proper ventilation
- It gets very hot inside when door and two windows are closed
These are just ten of the best pop up tents in the market. If you are a camping enthusiast, you know that you cannot carry a bulky tent that requires a lot of work setting up. These tents will do just fine. Weatherproof, easy to set up, and portability are the key things to consider when buying a camping tent and these reviews have shown you what to buy for 2020.
Further camping related reviews:
- Watch reviews with GPS capability
- Best backpacking flashlight reviews