Drain cleaners are used to remove drain clogs quickly and efficiently. They allow liquids to flow smoothly into drains. If you are experiencing a slow flow of fluid in your drain or a total clog, immediately getting the best drain cleaner is recommended. This article discusses critical information about drain cleaners and clogs removers. Then we will provide you with some of the best drain cleaners available online in 2023.
Table of Contents
What Is A Liquid Drain Cleaner?
A drain cleaner or opener is a product that aids in unblocking sewer pipes. This product is also utilized to prevent clogged drains and obstruction buildup. Most of the best liquid drain cleaners are readily available in hardware stores. As a consumer, you can quickly get the best drain cleaner around should you encounter any issues with your plumbing system.
Liquid drain cleaners create a chemical reaction that dissolves the obstruction. These obstructions can be waste, such as food, grease, and hair. You can return to a highly functioning plumbing system by eliminating this buildup. We recommend you consult with your local plumber to know more about the features of liquid drain cleaners.
There are three types of cleaners – acidic, oxidizing, and acid-form. Provided below is a quick overview of each cleaner type.
- Caustic – Drain cleaners under the acidic type contain caustic potash and lye ingredients. They are in a form that allows heat to transform grease into a soapy substance. This makes the obstruction easy to dissolve.
- Oxidizing – Drain cleaners with oxidizing types utilize peroxides, nitrates, and bleach. These substances make the obstructing material lose its electrons, causing these to oxidize. As a result, products of this type are usually heavier than water.
- Acid – Drain killers under the acid type are not generally found in stores. They are sold only to professional plumbers. This is because they contain a high hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid concentration. These are harmful substances not only to your health but also to the environment.
In general, liquid drain killers provide several advantages. First, they keep your home clean and your sinks clog-free. So it’s essential to know which cleaners sold in the market are effective and provide excellent value for your money.
Things To Consider With The Best Drain Cleaner
When finding the best drain cleaner, you must consider several factors before purchasing a drain cleaner.
- Blockage type – Identify the level of severity and nature of the obstruction you are encountering. This can indicate how strong should your liquid drain cleaner should be.
- Maintenance – Are you continually encountering drain clogs? This might signify that your plumbing system, sink, or septic component needs some attention, such as regular maintenance. You can get services from your local plumber or use drain cleaners regularly.
- Drain cleaner type – There are different cleaner types. Select the class which is more appropriate for your need.
- Quality – Get a product that does not damage your pipes. It should be safe for use, especially at home. Moreover, it would help if you considered quality ahead of price.
Overall, it is essential to note where the drain cleaner shall be used. Are you just going to utilize it at home or in public places like restaurants and hospitals? The type of cleaner must be suitable for where you will use it. You are assured of getting the best drain clog remover to fit your needs by considering this.
Best Drain Cleaners in 2023
There are several drain cleaners on the market. It is essential to know their claims, features, and reviews. We have completed a full review. Here are some of the best drain cleaners in 2023.
Grease Clog Hair Remover & Drain Cleaner from Green Gobbler
Green Gobler has designed this cleaner especially for household drains; this drain cleaner performs well on bathroom and kitchen sinks. It is excellent to remove toilet clogs. Moreover, it dissolves clogs quickly and effectively. Finally, it can easily dissolve high-density drain obstructions, making it one of the top contenders for being the best drain cleaner.
Its bottle having a dual-chambered design assures you no mess and measuring. You can pour a single chamber every use, and you are ready. It is recommended to utilize one section for tubs and sinks. On the other hand, use the liquid in both chambers for hard-to-clean toilets.
It is known to be safe for the environment. The product is biodegradable, which follows Green Chemistry’s principles. It is a good choice for people who care for marine life. It is truly an effective product without harmful side effects on the environment.
Pros Of The Green Gobbler Dissolve
- Dual chambered design of the bottle
- Effectively dissolves drain obstructions nicely and quickly.
- Works well in the bathroom and kitchen, and all kinds of drains and sinks
- Easily removes clogs in toilets and drains.
- Is environment-friendly
Cons Of The Green Gobbler Dissolve
- It can appear thinner in consistency than other drain cleaners
This product can easily dissolve hair and grease in under 60 seconds. It works well on sewer lines, septic systems drains, and grease traps. You need to activate it by adding hot water. Despite having a high percentage of sodium hydroxide, it will not harm your health.
It is safe to be used on kitchen and lavatory surfaces. There is no noticeable scent as it is odorless. Moreover, you need not worry about harming your metal or plastic pipes. It is also safe to use on porcelain and chrome pipes. This product is considered excellent value for your money. It is manufactured in the United States, assuring you that it is made only with high-quality materials. Its packaging is durable, making it last for an extended period.
Pros Of The Thrift Odorless
- Durable bottle
- Manufactured in the United States
- Works well on sewer lines, septic systems, grease traps, and drains
- Cleans drains within 60 seconds
- Safe to be used on lavatory or kitchen surfaces
Cons Of The Thrift Odorless
- It may require multiple sessions to clean the drain thoroughly.
- It contains a high percentage of sodium hydroxide
CLR Clear Pipes & Drains
Keep your drains clog-free with these CLR Clear Pipes and Drains. It is safe for all pipes and septic systems. This dissolves fats, oils, grease, and hair quickly. Its thick liquid aids in removing the clog fast and effectively. In addition, it works well on removing obstructions clogging up your drain.
This product has no phosphates, no ammonia, does not contain bleach and is fragrance-free. It is safe for people and pets, making it ideal for household use. For best results, use it once a month.
Pros Of The CLR Clear Pipes & Drains
- EPA PARTNER OF THE YEAR SINCE 2015
- Safe for septic pipes and sewer lines
- Good cleaning formula
- It easily dissolves grease and hair.
Cons Of The CLR Clear Pipes & Drains
- Expensive compared with some other brands.
Professional Strength Drain Cleaner from Drano
Draino has made its Professional Strength Drain Cleaner with a thick formula. This product is known to dissolve even the toughest clogs. It can dissolve drain obstruction fast and effectively. Using it is so simple. You pour it straight to the clog and wait for it to dissolve the gunk.
You no longer need to worry about your dirty mess in the kitchen sink or lavatory as this product delivers. For better results, you can let it sit overnight. It will not harm your pipes. This drain cleaner will remove the clog and dissolve any grease or hair.
It is made from high-quality ingredients. One of which protects pipes from possible corrosion during the process. This makes it ideal to use even on PVC, plastic, or metal pipes. Furthermore, it works well on septic systems and in garbage disposal systems.
Pros Of The Draino Max Gel
- The thick formula for added effectiveness
- It can be poured directly into the clog
- Protects your pipes against corrosion
- Safe to use on metal or plastic pipes
- Works well even when used overnight
Cons Of The Draino Max Gel
- Utilizes a non-eco-friendly packaging
- It needs a long period to take effect fully
NU LINE Drain Cleaner
With over one million bottles of this product sold, most customers say that this effectively does the job of drain cleaning the soil buildup and water deposits of air conditioners, refrigeration drain lines, water fountains, and ice machines. In addition, it can handle tough clogs that ordinary cleaners cannot control.
It also has a 5-star review on Amazon, which proves its effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
Pros Of The NU LINE Drain Cleaner
- Can handle tough clogs
- Safe and easy to use
- Can provide multiple applications per bottle
- Biodegradable & Non-Corrosive
Cons Of The NU LINE Drain Cleaner
- We may need a few applications before the buildup is completely removed.
- Needs proper product packaging disposal
Bio Drain by InVade
This drain cleaner is free from harsh chemicals and is ideal for home, hospital, or restaurant use. In addition, it has no odor, which makes it preferable to use. We recommend this product if you deem that your area should not encounter intense smells.
To utilize the product, you can directly apply it to the drain. Wait for a couple of minutes for it to take effect. Then, flush it using hot water. It also works well if you keep it on the drain overnight. It is a versatile product that can help with your cleaning requirements. You can also apply this using sprayers and a mop. It depends on the surface or area you will work.
It aims to dissolve stubborn dirt that clogs your plumbing lines. You can remove unwanted grease, hair, and food with this product. Make sure to follow the instructions well to gain optimum results.
Pros Of The Bio Drain
- Odorless and free from chemicals
- Easy to apply
- Versatile cleaning product
- Works well in dissolving drain obstruction
- It can be applied using sprayers and mops
Cons Of The Bio Drain
- It may not work on extremely clogged drains
- Can need a more extended period to unlock the more significant clogs
Drain Care from Zep
This product utilizes an enzymatic type of drain cleaner material. It aids in breaking down the molecules of the obstruction, making it easier to dissolve. Therefore, it is ideal to use drains with a slow flow. In addition, it aids in keeping the drain clog-free by dissolving grease, hair, or other items that restrict the flow of liquid.
The manufacturer assures the consumer that it is safe to use on plumbing and septic systems. It is highly effective and easy to use. It even removes hard-to-clean drains with years of dirt buildup.
In general, this product removes and cleans your drain using enzymes. These are highly active ingredients that clean drains. Nevertheless, it is safe to use on delicate parts of your plumbing and septic systems.
Pros Of The Drain Care
- Utilizes enzymes in dissolving drain gunk
- Works well on drains with slow flow
- Safe on septic and plumbing systems
- It can remove years of dirt buildup
- The product lasts a long time as just a little works well each time.
Cons Of The Drain Care
- It may require multiple applications for extremely clogged drains.
- Must be appropriately used by instructions
These are just some of the drain cleaner suggestions in the market. All of them gained positive reviews from most customers. So, now you’ve seen the list. It’s time to decide so you can get onto removing that clog. Good luck!
- Car Wash Brushes That Won’t Scratch Paintwork
- Review Of The Best Motor Oil
- 10 Best Weed Killer Reviews
Whether you own a small business or a huge enterprise, you're probably using Excel or QuickBooks quite a lot. So we wanted to find the best laptop for QuickBooks. I get it: It's tough to find...
When you're looking for the perfect set of monitors for music production, there are many factors you need to consider for the best purchase. There is a growing space for niche sets of monitors to...