Adding spice turns any bland food into an explosive universe of flavor. In fact, spice alone can turn a downright unremarkable meal into a dinner fit enough for a King (or Queen). However, not all store-bought spices are of good quality. That’s why we are curious about the best coffee and spice grinders.
If spices are processed and store-bought, they typically contain preservatives and chemicals, which is why you want to make your own spices mixes.
In a short time and hardly any practice, you could be on your way to becoming the best home cook in the neighborhood. Home ground spices can never be compared to the store-bought variety and your palate will certainly note the difference.
For the best home-cooked meals, you should have a spice grinder
If you are concerned about additives being in your spice mixes, that’s another reason to mix up your own. Not only can you create some amazing new flavor combinations, but you can do so knowing exactly what is in your food.
Here’s a recipe for homemade Italian seasoning to give you an idea of how easy it is to make your own spice mixes.
There are so many of these and since they all claim to be the best, it may be a bit daunting to get the best one. To help you get the real value for your money, here are reviews of the ten of the best spice grinders.
If you are in a rush, here’s our top 5 Coffee & Spice Grinders.
Top 5 Coffee & Spice Grinders
Best Coffee And Spice Grinders In 2021
Do not buy blindly; choose what comes highly recommended to have some certainty. Fortunately, many coffee grinders are perfect for spice grinding, and some spice grinders are good for coffee grinding. That’s why we have made a combined list of the best coffee and spice grinders available in the market.
Krups F203 Coffee And Spice Grinder
Krups F203 is made for people who love to drink coffee and eat spicy food, and these two go together really well. This grinder is a workhorse, with its 200-Watt power input as well as a stainless steel blade that grinds the coffee nuts and the spices evenly, giving you a final product that has a fine texture.
The grinder is lid-activated. This means that unless the lid is locked up securely, the grinder will not work. This is perhaps the best spill-free feature that you can ever find in the market.
You will also love the handsome look of this grinder. It also has a big capacity, three ounces, enough to grind coffee to serve twelve people.
Because it is a coffee and a spice grinder, this means you do not have to buy another grinder. However, note that it may retain some coffee inside, and therefore you have to clean it thoroughly to ensure that coffee and spice aromas do not mix.
Pros Of The Krups
- It gives even grinding for coffee and spices
- Powerful 200 Watt for the motor
- Safety is ensured since it only works when the lid is locked into place
- Sold with a solid 2-year warranty
- It is a good looker, quite stylish
Cons Of The Krups
- It can be a bit noisy
- The blade is set too high, and the grinding may not be as fine as you would like
Large Herb And Spice Grinders with Pollen Catcher
According to reviews, this is the largest herb grinder available in the market. It is substantial, and the big clear chamber houses the herbs to see watch while grinding. It is made to grind herbs such as oregano, basil, and others. This model can hold up to six spoonfuls of herbs, and that is a lot of herbs.
If you’re traveling, you can remove the clear part so that you can have three small parts to make a pocket grinder. This is a good thing, and you will love the Zip Grinders for that.
Another important feature is the 49 teeth are diamond-shaped and will sure grind anything you put them to. Because of the ability to grind stuff into fine particles, a mesh screen has been provided, and it can catch particles as small as 100-micron size.
Finally, it can grind almost any herb. For example, you can use it to grind tobacco and all the other cooking herbs. Some people say they use it to grind weed, so you can see that it can be put to many grinding uses.
It is sold with a money-back guarantee just in case you find you do not like it.
Pros Of This Grinder
- Sold with a money-back guarantee
- Clear top so you can see what is happening inside
- It can be used as a travel grinder
- Made with high-quality aluminum – the same as what is used in the aerospace industry
- Can hold six spoonfuls of herbs
- Has a pollen catcher screen
Cons Of This Grinder
- Can squeak when grinding
- Some say it cannot handle dense herbs
Secura Electric Coffee & Spice Grinder
This is one of the best coffee and spice grinders in the market. It is built to last a long time. When some parts wear out, you can buy replacement parts and give your grinder a new lease of life.
It is made of cast stainless steel. This means it is not going to rust, and it is scratch-resistant. So you can use it for many years, and it will give you great service all the time. Powered by a 120-Watt motor, this grinder perfectly grinds your coffee beans and the spices that you love to cook with.
You will be happy to know that irrespective of the number of years you have used the grinder, it will look as good as new once you give it a thorough washing.
You can use this grinder to chop nuts for dishes such as dukkah. However, note this grinder is smaller than most and may not hold enough for your needs. The motor may also overheat, thus requiring you to let it cool down if you have a lot of groundwork to do.
Pros Of The Secura
- Very versatile – used to chop nuts and grind coffee
- It can be used to chop vegetables too
- It won’t work until the lid is locked into place safely
- In-built overheat protection – will switch off automatically
- Covered by one year warranty – limited
- It comes with chopper and grinder bowls
Cons Of The Secura
- It can overheat if used a lot
KitchenAid Coffee And Spice Grinder
KitchenAid BCG111OB is made for light kitchen duties, and therefore it is not the kind of coffee and spice grinder you can use for a business. However, it is still very effective. You will find it smart, small, and compact, and able to fit anywhere on your kitchen counter.
Powered by electricity, this small and smart grinder will put into grinding anything that you toss in, including coffee beans, cinnamon, cardamom, and any other spice that you want ground. Use it for grinding sugar, rice, and other grains as well.
It is perhaps one of the best domestic electrified mortar and pestles in the market today.
Pros Of The KitchenAid
- Made of stainless steel
- It has a see-through cover to see inside as you grind
- Easy to clean
- Able to grind coffee beans to make 12 mugs of coffee
- One-year replacement warranty
- Removable grinding bowl for easy emptying and cleaning
- Easy to operate – push the cover, and the grinder starts
Cons Of The KitchenAid
- A bit pricey
- Blades are not replaceable
- Power cord not retractable – maybe a nuisance
Secura Electric Spice Grinder with S-Steel Blades
Domestic grinding needs do not come served any better than in this small and compact grinder. It has many incredible features, and like its other sister grinders from Secura, it does not disappoint.
Mostly, the effectiveness of spice grinders is measured against cinnamon. Many homemakers say that this is the hardest spice to grind.
The exterior is made of stainless steel, and so are the grinding bowls, and the spice grinder blades are also made of stainless steel. These parts are scratch-resistant, corrosion-resistant, and can last a long time.
Pros Of This Secura
- Powerful motor that is powered by 120 Volts
- Can grind coffee enough for 12 cups
- Overheat protection ensures damage does not occur
- Cord stays wrapped into the base when not in use
- Removable bowl for coffee and vice versa
- Stainless steel blades last a long time
- Manufacturer’s warranty
Cons Of This Secura
- Not entirely spill-proof as some spice jumps over the lid
- You may have to scrape spice out of the bottom
Quiseen One-Touch Electric Coffee Grinder
With very many reviews on the online marketplaces, we set out to find whether this electric coffee grinder fits the bill, and yes, it does, in many ways too. Firstly, it is electric in nature, meaning that it saves power more than the grinders that use batteries.
Note that this product is made of a plastic exterior, but it does a great job. For example, the stainless steel blade will do the grinding job very well, and anyway, the exterior part is just the housing. This makes it quite lightweight, though.
It can grind coffee enough for seven cups of coffee. This makes it much smaller than the Secura coffee grinders, but at the same time, it is cheaper.
Pros Of The Quiseen
- It is easy to clean as it comes apart easily
- Safety lock
- See-through lid for usability
- Versatile use such as grinding coffee beans, grains, nuts, spices, and herbs
- It has a retractable power cable for safety
- Long-lasting stainless steel blades
- It is cheap
Cons Of The Quiseen
- Have to press the button long enough to get even grind
- The plastic exterior does not inspire a lot of confidence
- You will have to scrape the coffee from the container
Golden Bell Spice Herb Grinder
Golden Bell is a new name when it comes to domestic grinders. But it has proved its mettle in the market by selling many of its gadgets fast. You will find the Golden Bell spice herb grinder very useful if you love to make your herbs at home so that they can retain their robust flavor.
Basically, this grinder is made of three chambers, and in one of the chambers, there is a pollen mesh that collects the finest of the grounds. You can scrape these with the provided scraper.
It is built with teeth shaped like diamonds. These ensure even grinding of the herbs. In addition, zinc alloy heavy-duty construction and magnetized lid ensure there is no spillage.
Pros Of The Golden Bell
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- An interior ring helps to cut herbs into fine pieces
- It is easy to clean
- Get full money back if you do not like it
- Kief collection is easy with the tools provided
- Power-free – you use the power of your hands to grind herbs
- It fits small and big palms ok
Cons Of The Golden Bell
- Small, holds just a small amount of herbs in the chamber
SHARDOR Electric Coffee Grinder
This electric coffee and spice grinder has a 200-Watt motor. It can grind coffee beans in just 30 seconds. That fast!
It also offers an opportunity to adjust the coarseness of the ground coffee. From fine to coarse, adjust this by pressing on the lid.
It has features that make it the best grinder for coffee, spices, pepper, herbs, and even grains faster.
You can also use it to grind sugar. Because of the small size, you can use it even in a small town kitchen or pack it in your bag when traveling. The exterior part is made of plastic, with the topmost part being transparent. The blade is made of stainless steel.
Pros Of The SHARDOR Electric Coffee Grinder
- Easy to use – hold the on switch down to grind
- Transparent top to see what you are grinding
- You can adjust the course for your coffee
- Stainless steel interior ensures no mixed odors
- Coarse grind takes 30-60 seconds
- Can grind different types of products
- Relatively cheap because of plastic exterior
Cons Of The SHARDOR Electric Coffee Grinder
- Hard to clean as the blade part is not removable
- It has to be paused if it runs for three minutes
Cuisinart SG-10 Electric Nut & Spice Grinder
Cuisinart is a trusted name in kitchen items, and therefore it is no surprise that their spice and nut grinder makes it to this list. The SG-10 is electric, easy to operate with the push top control, and has sharp stainless steel blades that do not spare any spices or nuts that you pass through the grinder.
It is small, though, and can therefore make a handful of spices from time to time. In addition, it is very safe in that it will not start operating until the lid is perfectly in place.
Pros Of The Cuisinart
- Built to prevent carryover of previous spice smells to the next
- Good for grinding spices for a small family
- Press and hold on button ensures consistency in grinding
- Cheap to buy
- 200 Watt motor is powerful enough to grind even cinnamon
- Its parts are dish-washable
- Has limited warranty of 18 months
Cons Of The Cuisinart
- It has a small capacity
- The removable bowl may fail after a few uses
Chromium Crusher Tobacco, Spice and Herb Grinder
This is a small, light-duty manual grinder, and therefore if you are looking for an electric grinder, you had better move on. However, it has many features that make it last longer and produce spice to full capacity.
It will snugly fit into your palm. Inside, a long-lasting ring makes grinding very easy. You will find that you do not need to apply much force to grind your items.
It has a small capacity, though, as it can only do a maximum of 2 g of spice. However, for a manual grinder, that is quite high.
Pros Of The Chromium Crusher
- It is very affordable
- It has a mesh screen for collecting pollen
- Sold with a limited lifetime warranty
- Rugged exterior and interior construction to last a long time
- Easy to grind. Just keep grinding until there is no resistance
- Cleans fast and easy in soapy water
Cons Of The Chromium Crusher
- It has a small capacity
- Kief harvesting can be poor as holes are big
5 Other Uses For A Spice Grinder
If you wonder whether you will get much use out of a spice grinder, you can do several other things with it. Here are 5 other things you can use a spice grinder for:
- Make a beautiful spicy Dukkah mix.
- Grind up salt crystals when you run out of ground Himalayan pink salt
- You can grind up Chia Seeds when you want to make a Chia pudding in a hurry
- Useful to grind peppercorns
- Make some breadcrumbs from toasted bread
A quality computer monitor is a crucial part of the job for most computer programmers. The job of a computer programmer can be a demanding one since writing codes also means long hours spent in...
Buying a car wash brush isn't always the most straightforward task. Do you know what the best car wash brush is that won't scratch paintwork? Sadly the market is packed with many products that...