Fortnite is an online FPS type game where you must build forts, survive until the end of the waves of timers and storms, and battle other players. We check out the best budget monitors for Fortnite on a range of gear.
Fortnite has gained popularity over the few years and…. Okay, look, you probably already know what Fortnite is, so let’s talk about the best monitors for playing the game on the various platforms (PC, PS4, and Xbox One).
What Do You Need In A Monitor To Play Fortnite?
Well, as you know, the game is very intense in terms of graphics. It doesn’t seem that way at first glance because of its cartoon style, but it’s the scale of the game that takes the graphics power more than anything.
There are up to 100 players or more in each game, and each of them could be on your screen at the same time (rare but it could happen).
That’s a lot of moving things, and lots of colors to render. Also, the game is famously very bright and vivid, and so you need the monitor you play Fortnite on to be vivid, bright, and easy to look at. You might also want it to be ABLE to reduce the blue light if you like playing late at night but don’t want to damage your eyes.
You also need the monitor to be fairly BIG because a lot of the game is about seeing people far in the distance, so the bigger the screen, the more chance you have of winning at the end of the day.
Best Ten Budget Monitors For Fortnite Compared In 2020
Now, as we’ve said at the start, we’re going to cover a RANGE of monitors here, not just the budget ones. We’ll include in the pros and cons whether it’s affordable or slightly pricey, but most of these will be cheap.
Also bear in mind that we’re covering a range of platforms (PC, PS4, and Xbox One) as well here, so if a monitor we list is ONLY for PC, we’ll tell you in the pros and cons section. Oh, and check out the best LAPTOPS for gaming under 600 dollars if you haven’t already got a setup.
Let’s start this list off with a bang. This HP monitor is great for Fortnite because it’s affordable, has a great refresh rate (how often the screen updates the image, giving the impression of ‘smoothness’), and has bright, vivid colors.
This is not the biggest, but it’s also not the most expensive, either. Excellent value for money and can keep up with the busiest Fortnite match!
Pros Of The HP Pavilion
- 21 inches across
- Supports HDMI, VGA, and HDCP
- Great value for money and has the specs of much more pricey monitors
Cons Of The HP Pavilion
- Some people have said that after a few months of it being on constantly it starts to get a bit darker (can reset this by restarting it)
This monitor is great for Fortnite; it has a 1ms response time, a beautiful display, and a great range of colors. It can also pivot and tilt, making it very easy to customize and get into the perfect position.
Often, when you’re playing Fortnite, you’re in weird positions on your gaming chair to make yourself comfortable, but with this tilt function, you can get it exactly where you want it.
Pros Of The Acer Gaming Monitor
- Supports HDMI, MHL, and DVI (most computers support HDMI, and there are adapters you can buy if not, and PS4 and Xbox One support HDMI too)
- Full HD resolution so the game will look as good as it possibly can
- It has a blue light filter! Essential for playing late at night without damaging your eyes
- Doesn’t flicker at all
Cons Of The Acer Gaming Monitor
- For reading lots of text and browsing the internet it can be hard to look at after a while, but these effects are not noticeable when playing games
The Sceptre is the first monitor on this list with a CURVED screen, making it an excellent addition. Curved screens can be somewhat polarising in the gaming community; you either love them or hate them. The fact is that a curved screen gives a better viewing angle, from wherever you’re sitting.
The main problem is that most of us are not used to curved monitors. Once you get used to a different look and feel of the game; however, a curved monitor feels much more immersive. Great features all round on this monitor, but the biggest benefit here is the curve.
Pros Of The Sceptre
- Large beautiful curved screen
- Vivid colors and HD support
- Built-in speakers
- 75HZ refresh rate
- Supports HDMI, VGA, and PC audio
- Very affordable monitor for Fortnite, at less than $200
Cons Of The Sceptre
- The power cord is short (you can get an extension, however, and still save money compared to similar models with longer power cords)
Another affordable screen for playing Fortnite, but probably best suited to PC. This screen is good for small spaces or small desktop areas, because it has an edge to edge display, meaning there’s very little wasted space on the edges of the display.
A large percentage of the space it takes up is the screen! If you have a lot of space and more budget, you should probably consider one of the other bigger monitors for the best Fortnite experience, but this is great for small desktops.
Pros Of The Acer
- Edge to edge support meaning little wasted space
- Supports HDMI and DVI
Cons Of The Acer
- Doesn’t have built-in audio, which could be annoying if you’re buying it to try and save space on your desk
The Predator is a great all-rounder, with 4K and support for most features you’d need for playing games. The screen itself is 32 inch which is more than enough, and it’s also tiltable. There’s no flicker, and you can choose for several size options on the sales page.
It comes with speakers built-in, and it won’t break the bank. This is a great ‘in the middle’ sort of choice, not the best but far from the worst. Perhaps this one is the best budget monitor for Fortnite.
Pros Of The Acer Predator
- Has 4 USB ports for charging things like Wireless mice and headphones
- Tiltable display for extra comfort
- Built-in speakers mean you save space and money
- Great value for money considering the size and features
Cons Of The Acer Predator
- With black images, the screen can look cloudy because the backlight bleeds through sometimes (although for Fortnite which is mainly vivid, bright colors this wouldn’t be an issue)
Supports USB type C (for Apple users), and the monitor size is 37 inches! The biggest one we’ve listed so far and looks beautiful in any room. Has a super-fast response time of 5ms, meaning you’ll always get that smooth effect when playing Fortnite, the only thing you’ll be limited by is probably your internet connection.
Internet connection is the most common cause of lag in Fortnite, and often you don’t need a new monitor, just a faster connection. That being said, this monitor is stunning, and out of the box, it’s ready to play!
Pros Of This Acer
- Huge screen size that will look good on Xbox One, PC and PS4
- Supports HDMI and MHL 2.1
- Very fast response time of 5ms so the game will always feel fast and smooth
Cons Of This Acer
- Can strain your eyes if you play for too long, with no blue light filter
No, this isn’t the same one we’ve already listed. It’s certainly another Predator, but this one’s different. This one has a curved screen, a bigger display, and comes loaded with GSYNC technology. It has HDMI and 3 USB ports, but more importantly, it looks stunning.
More than anything else, when you’re buying a monitor for gaming (especially for Fortnite), you want it to look good. Sure, tech specs are important, but what matters most is how it feels and looks while you’re playing, and this Predator is exceptional.
Pros Of The Predator X34
- Large curved display (34 inch is the biggest size they offer for this model)
- G-SYNC technology to increase smoothness
- Supports HDMI, so it works well with Xbox One, PS4, and PC
Cons Of The Predator X34
- Some users have reported a few dead pixels after a few months of solid use
We could almost end this review summary here and just say ‘look at it!’. The screen is stunning, bright colors seem to be the theme here, but these colors seem brighter than most other monitors in its price range. They boast a gaming-specific monitor, designed for ‘motion intense’ gaming.
We don’t want to say it’s MADE for Fortnite, but…
Pros Of The Viotek
- Supports HDMI and connects with any console
- Supports streaming and comes ready to live stream on things like Twitch (It can also multitask easily)
- Comes with a ‘zero-tolerance dead pixel policy’ so if you ever find a dead pixel, you can get a free replacement within a year
- Designed for FPS gaming and supports ‘Game Plus’ targeting crosshairs
Cons Of The Viotek
- Some users report problems with the color or dead pixels (but they do have a replacement program for dead pixels)
So we can’t say this is the best, but… The massive curved screen boasts a beautiful gaming experience. Fortnite is a game where you need to be able to see far into the distance, and also to the sides.
We’ve won many matches by being able to spot people sneaking round to our sides because we used a large monitor like this, so having a large horizontal monitor like this makes winning that much easier. It’s tiltable and supports the usual stuff, HDMI and USB, etc.
Pros Of This LG
- Massive, vast monitor means you can easily see people sneaking up on you to the side
- It can be mounted if you need
- For the size and features, it’s an excellent value for a money gaming monitor
Cons Of This LG
- Trouble when hooking up more than one computer (if that’s something you’d need to be able to do, maybe a different monitor would be better)
What sort of gaming monitor list would this be without an Alienware?! This monitor has a lovely curved wrap-around display that immerses you in whatever game you’re playing. It can be mounted, which seems to be common for curved monitors of this size. It comes with Nvidia G-Sync for smooth lag-less gameplay. It also comes with 3 ‘game modes’ for different types of gameplay.
Pros Of The Dell Alienware
- Supports HDMI
- Comes with G-SYNC for smooth gameplay feeling
- The curved screen gives you an immersive experience
- Comes with built-in speakers
Cons Of The Dell Alienware
- Doesn’t support 4K (but comes pretty close!)
What’s The Best Monitor For Fortnite?
Well, the one we just covered seems to be among the best, not much is wrong with it other than it lacks 4K. 4K is something that often divides a lot of gamers; our opinion is that games can look amazing without needing to be 4K, but maybe that will change in the future.
Gamers and game companies will likely make 4K the normal resolution after a few years, and we’ll look back on the days without 4K as if they were the stone age.
Starting your trading career on your laptop or phone screen is okay—sort of. Once you are in the competitive world of trading, you'll find that making trades with a bad monitor can be tiresome....
This is our review of the ten best monitors for Zwift cycling (a popular cycling app/game) in 2020. In our opinion, these are the top 10 monitors for Zwift cycling in 2020. If you're just looking...